Updated: Aug 9, 2020
So, I had a friend who reached out to me a couple weeks ago and ask about how to develop a deeper relationship with Christ. My friend stated with her very busy schedule she finds it hard to find time to pray and read her word.
The first questions I believe I need to answer is, why is a relationship with God important at all?
Check out my video on why a relationship with God is important and how to develop a relationship with Him.
1. Just speak with God. It doesn't have to be elaborate or full of fancy jargon. Just talk with Him.
- Let God know what is on your mind. What your fears are, what your worries are, what makes you anxious. He care about you and He wants to help you.
- James 4:8 Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you
2. Spend time reading the word of God.
- Reading the word of God is important because it allows you to have the proper weapons/tools to pull out to fix problem areas in your life. You cannot fix a nail that is loose with a feather, you have to use a screw driver. In the same way, if you are feeling depressed, you have to find verses that speak against depression. If you are feeling angry find verses that speak against anger.
- The word of God is God. So as we are reading the word of God we are actually hearing the voice of God.
- John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God
3. Don't be too hard on yourself if you didn't get to read your Bible or pray one night hear or there.
- God knows our struggles and knows we are not perfect, that is why He send Jesus to die on the cross for our sins. So our imperfections were covered with the perfect blood of God.
Verses I mentioned in the video:
Ephesians 6: 13-17
Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord himself, is the Rock eternal.
1 Corinthians 15:57-58
But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus
Fear not [there is nothing to fear], for I am with you; do not look around you in terror and be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties, yes, I will help you; yes, I will hold you up and retain you with My [victorious] right hand of rightness and justice.
1 Peter 5:7
Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully
Love you all, but God loves you more.
#whyjesusmatters #whyyoushouldgettoknowjesus #christians #spiritual #religious #christianblogger #christianmillennial #encouraging #motivationalspeaker #selfhelt #jesusitheanswer #whyishouldbecomeachristian #bloggersofwix
Charged Up Video Series By Mike Todd
Other resources to stay charged up:
Sermons I listen to while driving and in the shower (find them on youtube):
- The Potter's House at One LA
- Transformation Church
- Myles Munroe
- Dr. Dharius Daniels
- Steven Furtick
- Heather Lindsey
- Joyce Meyer
Podcast and Bible App I listen to going into work (download from your app store):
- Daily Cup of Inspiration
- Youversion Bible App
Worship Artist that keep me encouraged (youtube, spotify, pandora):
- We Will Worship
- Bethel Music
- Tasha Cobbs Leonard
- Travis Greene
- Todd Dulaney
- The Upperroom
- Melody Joy Cloud
- Jonathan McReynolds
- Elevation Worship
- Tori Kelly
Spoke Word Artist that also keep me encouraged (youtube):
- Joe Solomon
- Jackie Hill Perry
- Preston Perry
- Chris Web
Fun Facts About Jenn Jenn
So I use to play the piano. I took 8 years of private lessons but quit in high school when I got busier trying to prepare for college. Yo girl has always been a go getter ;). Lol
I totally want to start playing again. I have a keyboard in my home, but just need to find the time to sit down and press play.